lime slush

24 November 2008

This is one of my favorite recipes of all time. I could drink it by the gallons.
It was served at my sister's wedding and I got the recipe from her mother -in-law, Jill.
I made it this weekend when we had friends over for football and I'm bringing it to Thanksgiving dinner as well! It's soo good...

Lime Slush

1 can of limeade—make according to can directions
8 cups water
3 cups sugar
Sprite or 7-Up

Combine sugar in water over low-medium heat until completely dissolved. Mix with prepared limeade, and pour into big container. Freeze overnight. (it depends on the freezer too~I always make it ahead of time so it has at least 24 hours to freeze) Take it out a couple of hours before serving to let it thaw a little bit. Chop up with spoon in punch bowl until slushy. Pour 7-Up/Sprite over and serve. I always like to float limes on top and you can always add some cranberries for Christmas red and green. Enjoy!

8 comments

  1. I think this is the recipe that my mother in law and her sister make-except they add gin:) Sounds yummy! Have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe just in time for Thanksgiving! It sounds way yum-O!!! I am defiantly going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! This sounds so good. I love limes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to think what kind of container would hold all of that to freeze -- what did you use? Everybody is coming over to my house for Thanksgiving. That would be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Yummy! I miss having this drink at 33rd ward Enrichment nights! For that matter, I miss 33rd ward Enrichment nights! Thanks so much for posting this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had this for Thanksgiving and it didn't even make it to dinner. I'll have to have 2 batches next time! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I was just wondering how many servings this recipe makes. :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmm....a punch bowl? I make 2 batches usually and get 3-4 two liters of soda. I drink most of it myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note!