rooster makeover...

04 October 2008

I'll post my yard sale treasures from this weekend a little later, but here is one of them. This pair of roosters were 25 cents because they were chipped and one had been glued back together. I think they look kind of mean too~look at those eyes! Yikes! But, we're looking at *potential* here, so minus a quarter later, I brought them home with me to see what we could do. Doesn't everyone need a rooster in their kitchen somewhere?



I whipped out my trusty can of 97 cent Wal-mart cream spray paint, and a few coats later, we have new roosters! Don't they look more calm, refined, and chic in their new coats on top of the refrigerator? The cream really helps hide the chips and the cracks too. Now watch, one of you is probably going to tell me that they are priceless originals and that I could of gotten hundreds of dollars for them on Ebay in their original colors...

12 comments

  1. They look so much happier now, dontcha just love spray paint?

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There's just no comparison to the before and after here. Great job!! -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute...and you know I am going to love them!!!

    sweet new blog ya got here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I wish I had the decorating eye for things that you have! Those roosters look very chic! You are so talanted. I love the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the color you painted your roosters. super cute! i didnt know $1 spray paint would do such an awesome job. thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blog! I love Sonic too and my current favorite drink is a cranberry/orange fruit juice slush. Yum! Several years ago when we moved from MO to Idaho we had no Sonic in our new hometown, so one day we drove 150 miles to the next nearest Sonic, which was in UT, just to have lunch. Now that was a lunch to remember. LOL!
    When does your giveaway end? I would like to add it to my newest blog www.blogevents.blogspot.com

    Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A spray paint transformation just makes me feel better! That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cream roosters! Who would have thought that it could be so easy to transform them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE your roosters!!!!! i have been looking for some good, cheap birds to re-paint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I need to spend some time on here! I'm SOOO IMPRESSED!!!! What an eye you have for these things. You can teach a lot of people, and I love that! Thanks! I'm gonna get back on when dinner is over... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what beauties! I saw some black ones at Hobby Lobby (love that place). Great way to recycle! Keep those ideas coming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! I love the transformation of these roosters! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note!